Title: Marketing Manager
Reporting to: CCO
Who are we?
Airship is a SaaS company with a focus in hospitality. We’re a friendly bunch and enjoy what we do.
We have two platforms that help our customers generate revenue:
Airship (airship.co.uk) is a data-driven loyalty engine specifically designed for hospitality operators. We bring together our clients’ data feeds and provide marketing tools that drive an ROI through automation and campaign tools. We have specific tools that help our clients understand and affect the visit frequency of their customers.
Toggle (usetoggle.com) enables clients to generate pre-sold revenue through the sale of gifts, experiences and promotions. It launched in October 2018 and has quickly grown to be a leader in the sector with over 250 customers across 2000+ locations.
We are a team of 25 and recruiting for a marketing manager to help us kick on to that next level.
What we need (and you need to know…)
We need someone to come into the business to build on the momentum we’ve built during lockdown and lead the marketing team, taking ownership of our external voice and channels.
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing professional to mould strategy and the development, delivery and measurement of activity around our marketing efforts, with the support of a social media executive and graphic design/marketing assistant.
The successful candidate will work closely with the senior team to formulate plans and projects, working across the business to pull together content and expertise to deliver the activity.
When you join, we’ll not delay on immersing you in Airship, Toggle and the industry. This deep understanding of not only what the products are, but what they mean to our customers, is vital. We’re supportive, informal and love what we do; but we’re driven - we expect you to be the same.
Airship is a growing force in the sector. We’re well known and highly regarded, but that’s been built up over the years predominantly through face to face. There is so much further we can go. This is a massively exciting time to join a company that’s looking to grow rapidly - you’ll be instrumental in making that a success.
What will you be doing?
This is a hands-on role. Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Key to the role is content; ensuring that we are making the best use of all our available channels to tell the industry about us and the great results that we drive for our customers and partners.
- Develop and deliver strategic marketing and PR plans, using these channels: website, database/email marketing, social media, PR, SEO, PPC and advertising
- Work closely with our senior management team to build a narrative around our brand and key messaging
- Manage and measure social media channels and website performance
- Formulise the PPC and SEO strategy for both Toggle and Airship
- Content writing (blog articles, press releases, case studies, social media posts, etc.)
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies and campaigns alongside the team.
- Collaborate with our integration partners and Professionals network to create and distribute content (inc. webinars, video interviews, case studies, etc.)
- Understand what it takes to produce leads for the sales team and how marketing and sales fit together
- Line management of two team members.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for...
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Analytical approach to content creation, including the use of data.
- A creative mindset
- Familiar with PPC and SEO campaigns
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Goals
- 3 years minimum experience in Marketing (both online and offline)
- Good understanding of writing press releases and securing earned media coverage
- A passion for your profession
- Highly organised with attention to detail, and able to react quickly to opportunities
- Ability to generate board level reporting and narrative
- Line management experience
It would be beneficial, though not essential if you also...
- Have some hospitality experience. We are hospitality focussed and therefore it would be useful to have an understanding of our audience, who they are and what the problems are that we solve for them.
- Have some experience working in the SaaS (Software as a Service) industry or in a B2B environment.
Salary & Benefits
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
- Job Location: Sheffield City Centre (5 mins walk from the train station)
- Holidays: 20 days holiday + bank holidays + an extra day holiday for each year worked with us
- Share Options: EMI Scheme in operation for team members
- Dog Friendly: If you’ve got one, it's welcome.
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com including an up-to-date copy of your CV and a covering letter.