Airship is an established SaaS (software as a service) company based in Sheffield. We have two products that serve the best and most exciting brands in the UK hospitality industry - think Revolution, Byron, The Alchemist, Leon, Turtle Bay, Franco Manca, Zizzi and many more.
We’re looking for anTech Project Manager / Assistant Product Manager to join our team. The position is remote-first and we’re open to some flexible working, so you’re not tied to the office.
What can you expect?
As Assistant Product Manager, you’ll be right in the middle of the action: part-project manager, part-engineer and part-educator you’ll have the opportunity to deploy all of your diverse skill-sets and interests, bridging the gap between our customers, engineering team and our integration partners. You’ll report to our Head of Product.
After immersing yourself in our products and APIs, and with support from our engineering team, you’ll be able to use your knowledge to assist our integration partners, helping to make sure that they have all the technical documentation and guidance they need, and ensuring technical questions are being answered.
You’ll also partner with our Customer Success Managers to assist with the delivery of new or bespoke solution implementations for our customers. Your strong project management skills will be called upon where complex, multi-faceted customer launches need coordination between multiple stakeholders, particularly where new product features are being developed in partnership with our customers.
By working closely with the engineering team, you’ll gain a deep understanding of how our products work, and make sure new functionality gets documented and is well-understood by our support teams. Sometimes you’ll need to act as mentor to technical support staff, ensuring they have the knowledge to troubleshoot, resolve or triage technical challenges, jumping in yourself where required.
You’ll be able to speak “two languages”, as you will need to act as a liaison between our customers, partners, customer success managers and our engineering team. You must be able to communicate in engineering jargon and non-technical language, and also be able to translate between the two.
We’re looking for a highly organised problem-solver with great communication skills and technical background.
- You’ll have some experience working with customers in a consultative role, either at another SaaS company, a digital/web agency or perhaps your own freelance company.
- You have a good technical knowledge of industry standard practices for using and implementing data feeds, APIs, webhooks and web pages. Perhaps you’re an ex-developer yourself.
- Your written and communication skills will be first class, and you’ll have an uncanny ability to explain technical concepts in a simple manner.
- You get great satisfaction from educating others
- You are able to partner with other team members and engineers to resolve issues and identify patterns for client technical requests
- You’ll be comfortable debugging within the browser console
- You’ll excel at managing multiple threads of work
- You’re independent and comfortable sometimes working with ambiguity
- While you won’t be coding yourself very often, you’ll find that having the ability to, say, write basic SQL, be comfortable on the command line or query an API, will empower you to quickly qualify potential problems, analyse how our products are being used or get an idea of how something works or could work, without having to rely on finding a developer/engineer with time to help you!
Benefits & culture
We work from our custom fitted out offices in the iconic Park Hill, right next to Sheffield Train station. We have views over the city, green spaces front and back and plenty of space.
We equip everyone with a Macbook as standard (but if you’d rather work on something else, we won’t force you!).
There is an EMI share options scheme in place for employees, so our gain is your gain too.
We are very open to flexible and remote working, so if you’re interested but not able to work in the office everyday, you can work remotely instead and we can meet up now and again for some team contact days (for this reason, we’d prefer if you were somewhere in the UK).
Where can I find more information?
The best place to start is by checking us out on our two product websites:
And if you’re interested but you’ve got a pre-application question, drop us a message, we’ll come right back to you.
Salary & Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £29k-£39k depending on experience.
Job Location: Remote (UK) + Park Hill, Sheffield (5 mins walk from the train station)
Holidays: 20 days holiday + all bank holidays + an extra day holiday for each year worked with us.
Share Options: EMI Scheme in operation for team members.
How to apply
Please send your CV and any relevant links or other information to email@example.com .
Sorry, no recruitment agencies please.