We are hiring a Software QA Analyst
Title - Software QA Analyst
Start date: Immediate
Reporting into: Product Engineering
Location: Remote / Hybrid (teams in Sheffield & London)
We build beautiful, lovingly engineered SaaS products for the hospitality industry. And we'd like you to join us as our QA Analyst
Who are we?
Airship is an established SaaS company based in Sheffield. We have two products that serve the best and most exciting brands in the UK hospitality industry - think Revolution, The Alchemist, ASK, Turtle Bay, Franco Manca, Zizzi and many more.
We’re looking for a QA Analyst to join our established - and award winning! - engineering team. The position is remote-first and we’re open to flexible working, so you’re not tied to the office.
What can you expect?
As QA Analyst, you’ll be right in the middle of the action: part-troubleshooter, part-analyst and part QA, you’ll have the opportunity to deploy all of your diverse skill-sets and interests,
Your role will kick off with mastering our overall product architectures, shadowing developers and learning the ropes. You’ll immediately drop into our sprint kick-offs and stand-ups so you have exposure to our processes and learn how we work and who we are.
Once you’ve found your feet and know your way around our products, you’ll start collaborating with the team on new features and integrations, testing and feeding back to the engineers on what isn’t working and sign-posting them to the crux of the problem.
You’ll also be the gatekeeper of inbound problems and be the backline for our Customer Success team, who will often turn to you to diagnose technical problems that require a look ‘under the hood”. You’ll be able to communicate in engineering jargon and non-technical language, and also be able to translate between the two, as you will need to act as a liaison between our Customer Success team, and our engineering team. Sometimes you’ll be reporting inbound problems as qualified bugs, and be able to communicate succinctly what you think has gone wrong and why.
You’ll care deeply about learning your craft and have an inexplicable drive to take things apart to figure out why and how they work (or don’t work!)
- You’ll have very strong SQL skills and be comfortable navigating around a database and writing queries to aid diagnosis and testing
- You have a good technical knowledge of industry standard practices for using and implementing data feeds, APIs, webhooks and web pages.
- You’ll be comfortable working with APIs through tools such as Postman
- Your written and communication skills will be first class, and you’ll have an uncanny ability to explain technical concepts in a simple manner.
- You are able to partner with other team members and engineers to resolve issues and identify patterns
- You’ll be comfortable debugging within the browser console
- You’ll excel at managing multiple threads of work and make sure problems are worked through to a conclusion
- You’ll have familiarity with good UI and UX, particularly to help you diagnose where a problem is likely related to poor UX rather than a technical issue
- You’ll probably have some previous experience of software-related UAT testing
- You’ll be comfortable exploring potentially ambiguous problems
- You’ll be able to understand requirements from a clients perspective, to understand the problems we are trying to solve
- You’ll be able to challenge stakeholders at various levels, to become a champion for quality within the business
- You will have a basic understanding of testing automation tools, and play a key part in helping us start to implement them in our core products
Salary, benefits & culture
We have embraced a flexible, remote working culture, so pick and choose where you work, with our only preference being that you’re somewhere in the UK, so that we still have the opportunity for some real-life meet-ups now and again.
If you are coming into the office, we work from the iconic Park Hill, right next to Sheffield Train station. We have views over the city, green spaces front and back and plenty of space.
We will also give you the time, space and budget to learn new technologies and further your own knowledge..
We equip everyone with a Macbook or machine of your choice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35-45k depending on experience.
Job Location: Remote (UK) + Park Hill, Sheffield (5 mins walk from the train station)
Holidays: 28 days holiday + an extra day holiday for each year worked with us.
10% time: 10% of your time to learn something new
Personal stipend: Monthly stipend for your own personal development and well-being
Health Insurance: Full private health insurance provided.
Cycle-to-Work Scheme: Plus secure bike storage at our office, if you’re local!
Dog Friendly: If you’ve got one, it's welcome at the office!
Where can I find more information?
The best place to start is by checking us out on our two product websites:
How to apply?
If you’re interested but you’ve got a pre-application question, drop us a message, we’ll come right back to you.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org including an up to date copy of your CV and a short cover letter as to why you think you are the right person for this role.